Being involved in a car accident causes a lot of emotions to run through your head. While you are tying to recover from your injuries and deal with not being able to work, the insurance company might be pressing you to take their settlement. Don't fall prey to one of the mistakes that could cost you money on your claim. Check out the reasons why you need a car accident lawyer handling your case today.
- First thing: There is only a certain amount of time available for you to sue the other party. Once the statute of limitations runs out, that's it.
- Second thing: Your insurance company might have a hidden agenda. They will often try to get you to settle for far less than what your case is worth in an attempt to save money.
- Third thing: You might not fully understand the extent of your damages. Damages extend beyond your vehicle and medical bills. They also extend into lost wages, prescriptions filled, pain and suffering, emotional distress and much more.
- Fourth thing: Filing a lawsuit means adhering to a complex set of rules and regulations.
- Fifth thing: The laws vary from one state to the next as to what you can and cannot do in your case.
- Sixth thing: Proving your case isn't always as easy as you might think it is. Lawyers know what evidence they need to help your case and right where to get it.
To talk more about this, or anything else, please contact us.