Slip and fall accidents can occur in a wide variety of location. It is imperative to understand that liability laws may be different according to where the accident and injury take place. Every location presents its own unique circumstances which could influence the results of your case.
The most common locations where slip and fall accidents happen include:
- Workplace – When a slip and fall accident occurs at the workplace, a workers’ compensation claim can be filed with your employer to obtain benefits to cover medical bills and lost wages.
- Restaurants or bars – Customers in these establishments often slip on spilled beverages or food on the floors which are not marked with warning signs.
- Grocery stores – Supermarkets and large department stores face their fair share of slip and fall cases. However, when it comes to proving liability and working with insurance companies, these types of places can make the legal process more complicated.
- Apartments and homes – Landlord, tenants, and property owners can be held liable for slip and falls which occur in an apartment complex or residential home.
- Public areas – Streets, sidewalks, public parks, public playgrounds, and even government buildings can be subject to slip and fall accidents. However, an injury as a result of a slip and fall may be the fault of a government entity which failed to provide a safe environment for patrons.
If you suffered an injury caused by the negligence of a property owner in Massachusetts, contact our Worcester personal injury attorney at the Law Office of Robert W. Kovacs, Jr. today. Do not hesitate to request your free consultation to discuss your legal options.